The stark truth about our world and especially the media – news channels and networks — is that the information released to the general public is selective in nature. Sometimes details are omitted. Other times details are changed. In some cases entire stories are withheld altogether. Untold News is an organization that focuses on sharing the real, uncensored, unaltered news about the Middle East, in particular the non-political aspects of Israel. Did you know, for example, that Israel has been quick to send Crisis Teams to nations in need? Or how about the fact that Israel is home to more start-up companies and inventions than the entirety of Europe combined?
Untold News’ main goal is to help enhance and perhaps give clarity to the perceptions the United States has about Israel. There is a target audience in mind, but it isn’t the anti-Israel group. Rather, it’s college graduates who know little and are not actively seeking information about Israel. The team behind Untold News consists of Steve Farkas, Gadi Lalazar and Amy Rubenstein (all board of directors), and is lead by Marcella Rosen, who founded Untold News in January of 2010.
Here are three great videos that visually demonstrate just what Untold News is about:
Untold News is going to give one In My Bag reader an Untold News tote bag and a $15 Barnes & Noble gift card! (US entries only!)
Watch the three videos above and tell me which one you found to be most compelling (and why).
(each additional entry earns you one additional entry into the giveaway; please leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to Untold News on YouTube
- Like In My Bag on Facebook
- Follow me, @kissmykitty, on Twitter
- Become a member on Google Friend Connect (widget is to your right)
- Tweet the following to your public Twitter account: #Win a tote bag & $15 B&N gift card from In My Bag & Untold News! http://bit.ly/imbung #giveaway #israel #untoldnews
- Blog about this giveaway, being sure to include a link to this giveaway and to untoldnews.org
- The Untold News giveaway begins on September 26th, 2011 and runs until October 3rd, 2011 at 11:59pm EST.
- All entries must be in by 10/03/11 at 11:59pm EST in order to be counted for the final drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email, and will have 48 hours to respond.
- No duplicate entries (IPs are logged).
Good luck to everyone who enters!